Wednesday, July 17, 2013

No Embellishments

Good Evening, I hope that you have been having a wonderful summer.  I completely forgot to post my card on my blog last week so I am here with a little reminder about the current ABC Christmas Challenge. Not to worry if you haven't got a card made yet as you still have one more week to join us.
 
The theme of the challenge is
'N is for NO Embellishments'
 
 
You can go CAS if you like...but just make sure you keep well away from all of the 'frilly' stuff...that means:
 
No gems or pearls
No ribbon or lace
No brads or flowers
No charms or twine
No beads or dew drops
No pins or card candi
No buttons or bells!
Or anything else you can think of!

But you CAN use glitter, Stickles, flocking etc
 
Our wonderful sponsor for this challenge is

Please visit the store and browse Stamp Fairy’s wonderful images.  We hope Stamp Fairy’s images inspire YOUR creativity.


 Stamp Fairy are offering a prize of $10 to the Stampfairy digi stamp store:
 
 
For my card, I opted to just have a play and get inky. I dug into my Hero Arts stamps to find a couple that I had not played with before and started inking them up. 
 
The background was done with Distress inks and water on watercolor paper to get that soft subtle look and then I have used a darker distress ink and some sparkle embossing powder to stamp the snowflake on top. It is hard to see in the photo but this card really shimmers in the light.
 
I may need to make a series of these as this one is really pretty and it will be so great to pop in the mail.

3 comments:

Sandra H said...

So pretty x

Annette said...

Lovely elegant card Carissa.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Dumpling Recipes said...

Thanks for postting this