Wednesday, July 11, 2012

N for Not a Card


Good morning,it been almost a week since my last post. With the weather being they way it is I have been enjoying the summer sun and taking a bit of a break from my craft room.

Today over on the ABC Christmas Challenge blog we have another fun, new challenge for you.
Our theme is N for Not a Card.

We have two generous sponsors

Simon Says Stamp
Simon Says Stamp is offering a $20 gift voucher to spend in their store!!
In business since 2002, Simon Says Stamp is striving to offer you the best selection of Rubber Stamps, Altered Art, Scrapbooking, Artist Trading Cards, and Paper Crafting Supplies in the world. We stock over 100,000 items in our warehouses so that we can offer you quick service and one stop shopping at a great price!
Happy customers are the heart of our business.
We work hard to find and deliver to you the latest in stamping and paper crafting supplies! Attending classes, workshops, and sales meetings around the world, our goal is to keep our product offerings fresh and current. Make us your one stop easy shop - and we'll deliver right to your door!


"Stamp Fairy officially launched on November 5th 2010. Gerda Burghardt, artist and owner, creates cute and whimsical digital images for the young and old, inspired by her life, love and 4 cute cats. You will find adorable teddies bears, young boys and girls, fuzzy little bunnies and whimsical critters. Stamp Fairy has new releases along with a free image every Friday and Guest Designers each month. Please visit the store and browse StampFairy’s wonderful images. We hope StampFairy’s images inspire YOUR creativity."


For My project I have created this little easel card box inspired by some of Norma's creations. It will be perfect for giving someone a little treat at Christmas. Maybe I will tuck some homemade candies or cookies inside.


I coloured the image with Copics and accented with liquid applique and stickles to as some sparkle and dimension and just give the image that little extra.


I have used some of my favorite dies from Tim Holtz along with a new Marianne die to create the background details and embellish.

I hope that you have been inspired. Thanks so much for stopping by. Be sure to head on over to the main challenge blog and see the rest of the beautiful DT creations.

I will come back tonight to link this to some challenges.







8 comments:

Sandra H said...

Totally stunning card and a fab image:)x

Zw@@n said...

Great creation. Love the easel on the box. And yes ... the Magnolia is so sweet and you coloured it so pretty.
Love, Wilma

Chrissy said...

Fabulous creation Carissa, gorgeous image and colouring, love the hat trims..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous easel box Carissa :-) a lovely idea for a Christmas gift and I am now thinking that I should make a few of these to pop some nice costume jewellery in for my girlfriends ,,,, ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Bettina L. said...

Such a gorgeous easel box Carisa. Love the added snowflakes, flower and that gorgeous border too. Hugs Bettina xx

Dorte said...

Such a great creation, Carissa. I love this super cute Magnolis image with Tilda and the snowman. Beautiful emblellishments.
hugs Dorte

Heather said...

This is adorable Carissa, such a wonderful box and beautiful colours. I love your fabulous details and Tilda and Snowy are so cute!!!

hugs Heather xx

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these type of boxes so cute and love all the fluffy stuff too! hugs me x