Friday, June 1, 2012

Tilda Thank You

Every now and again the rain must fall and that is what we have today. They are calling for it all weekend and I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are wrong.

I thought that I would pop by with a quick post this morning and share another card. This one uses a new Magnolia image that I had been wanting and picked up as part of my last Simon Says Stamp order.
I have had her coloured for a few weeks and last night I sat down to make a card with her.


I have had a card base made with this layout for a while now and I was trying to figure out what shape of image I would colour up for it and I set this image on it.  I realized that although the card war the wrong colour the layout was perfect and I set about to make another one to match Tilda's dress and flowers.


The layout of the card is getting a little hard to see as I really went to town with the embellishments on this one.  I have used a number of Magnolia dies and a mix of flowers from Prima and Wild Orchid. As there was not much room left for a sentiment I have tucked a tag behind my image.


There were even enough pieces left over for me to finish off the inside. I have left the centre panel blank to write a little note to the recipient.


I want to thank you all for stopping by for a visit. Happy Friday and have a great weekend.

This card will be entered into the following challenges:




11 comments:

Gram's Treasures said...

Sweet...love the colours and all the different embellishments.
hugs xx

Sandra H said...

This is gorgeous the image is beautiful and coloured to perfection lovely layout and embellishments:)x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Carissa, love all the flowers and the cute butterfly, thanks for joining us on the Totally Gorjuss challenge this week, hugs Samantha xx

Dorte said...

LOvely card, Carissa. Beautiful colours and embellishments.
Have a great weekend.
hugs Dorte

Laura Bradley said...

I love this card Carissa, it is lovely! Laura x

DT call at my new challenge blog http://songbirdchallenges.blogspot.com if you are interested ..

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

absolutely gorgeous, wonderful colours and beautifully crafted. janex

Helen said...

Beautiful card Carissa - ove the colours...thoose papers are gorgeous!
Helen x

DesignerDiva said...

This is so sweet Carissa, I love Tilda and you have made a fab job of this one
Thanks for playing along with the Diva's this week and good luck in the challenge
Laurie x

♥Gemma♥ said...

Stunning card hun & beautiful detail...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

sallysbitz2 said...

This is stunning. I do love this colour combo. So much detail x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

sue w. said...

This is fabby, I love the layout and this Tilda is so sweet. Perfect colouring too.
Hugs Sue W.