Saturday, May 12, 2012

Just for Mom!


What do you do when your mom is a card maker too, you make her an extra special Mother's Day card!

 I can share this with you this morning as I have already given this card to my mom last evening. I have coloured the beautiful Tilda going Bananas in shades of purple to match with the gorgeous papers found in the MME So Sophie collection.

I have pulled out some of my favorite punches to add so extra detail to this card. The results are worth it in the end but it took four tries to get that border right. I was lucky to find these Prima flowers among my stash as they match the papers perfectly and they really added to the dimension of the card.

Love ya Mom! Happy Mother's Day!

Have you entered my candy?
If not click here, today is the last day.

This card will be entered into the following challenges:












16 comments:

Cely said...

great mother's day project! so pretty. love the dainty card frame too. thanks for joining us this week at party time tuesdays!

Debs said...

Beautiful card Carissa - your Mum is sure to treasure it.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Take care
Debs xx

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Carissa, love the colours and fab layout. Wishing you a lovely Mother's Day xx

Debbie said...

Lovely card and perfect for our challenge over at ~Sweet Stampin'~
Debbiexx

Donna said...

Such a sweet card, I love these colours together and your fab design! Thanks for joining in our very last challenge at CES :) Donna ♥ x

Gram's Treasures said...

Thanks hon! It is a gorgeous card, and so were the flowers and cupcakes!
hugs Mom xx

downrightcrafty said...

totally gorgeous thank you so much for joining us for our I love you Mom! challenge at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Carissa this is absolutely beautiful, wow, what a superb design love that border around the card, the papers, flowers and Tilda look amazing, wow.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Wanda Cullen said...

Such a sweet card and I'm loving that amazing border around the edges! Thanks for playing along with us at Raise the Bar!

Pamela said...

Great card, love the punched border. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Pam x

Larissa said...

Very lovely Carissa. I love how you coloured this cute Tilda, she is so adorable.

Hugs,
Larissa

Mary Jo said...

One of my fave paper collections-so pretty! I'm sure your mom loved this beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

Sheri said...

It may have taken 4 tries, but it turned out beautifully!! Beautiful card! Thank you so much for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund!

DistinctiveLMNts said...

What a stunning card. I love everything about it. Your mom is one lucky lady.
Thanks for playing along at Card Makin' Mamas.
Lisa :)

Mickaela Sundkvist said...

Oh what a nice card. I love the layering and the frame.

Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Love Mickaela

Franz♥ said...

What a lovely creation! Thanks for sharing it with us at Deep Ocean this forthnight.

Hugs, Franz.