Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Snow Much Fun!

Good morning, I hope that you are ready to play? Over on the ABC Christmas Blog we have a new challenge for you and it is going to be lots of fun.  Our challenge theme this time is

W for Winter Sports.

We have two wonderful sponsors for this challenge;
Simon Says Stamp are offering $15 voucher to one lucky participant
Photobucket
Stamp Fairy are offering 3 digital images of the winner's choice to another lucky participant.

and
 

I have chosen to use a favorite StampFairy character George for my card this week and this cutie is all set for some winter fun on the slopes.


As this wonderful image of George reminded me of a scene in a snow globe I decided that it was the perfect excuse to make a shaker card. I have used white tinsel glitter to fill the shaker as it has a shimmer that reminds me of fresh fallen snow. The layout of the card has been kept simple to allow the shaker to stand out and I have added only a few simple snowflakes as embellishment to pick up on the theme.

I hope that you will join with some winter fun of your own. Be sure to stop by the ABC Christmas Challenge blog to see the rest of the gorgeous DT creations.

This card will be entered into the following challenges:


19 comments:

Hazel said...

This is a super bright and sparkly card (saw it on ABC Christmas). It would fit perfectly for my CHNC challenge 45 - I'd love to see you link it there too. x

Lena B E said...

Oh what a beautiful card, I love it! :)
Thank you for your kind comment on my blog.
Have a nice day.
Hugs Lena

Electra said...

Your snow globe is wonderful-what a delightful card this is!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Carissa..love the colours and such a cute image...the snowflakes are so pretty with the pearls...always forget to do that...gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Carissa :-) such a cute snowman and I love shaker cards :-) fabulous ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Sandra H said...

Hi, this is just beautiful:) Sandra H

lauren bergold said...

what a great design! a super-cute image and a totally AWESOME snow globe! love it!

Deneen said...

Super cute card, love the snowman! Thanks for joining us in the Anything Christmas Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

THIS mega cute love it soooo much! great job hunny x

Marie Bingaman said...

ACK! This is just too cute! George looks ready to go skiing! :)

SmilynStef said...

That white tinsel glitter is perfect *snow* ... *clearly* fabulous ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles.

Colleen said...

Cute snowman, looks like he is not sure what to do with the skis!

Colleen
Guest Designer
Bah! Humbug!

Dorte said...

Lovely shaker card, Carissa, George is adorable and the papers so pretty. I was planning to make a shaker card myself, but it's no good to skate in snow.
hugs Dorte

Delphine said...

I love your shaker card, Carissa! One day, I will have to try to make one:-)! George is too cute and your papers and colours are gorgeous! Hugs Delphine xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Carissa - great idea to make a shaker card!
Helen x

PS - did you see that this was 'clearly awesome' on Jingle Belles?

Max said...

Love his wonky nose lol! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Andrea said...

What a very nice card - so loveley motiv and design! Great! Thanks for joining SFC.
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41

Angela said...

Your card looks really fantastic.Thank you for sharing this with us at SFC.
Many greetings
Angela

jengd said...

SO cute! I love the variety of snow images through your papers and it all works SO well with a shaker! Wonderful! Best, Jen, GD at Top Tip Tuesday